ANCYL fails to adhere to conditions for march to Provincial Legislature
The City of Cape Town has noted that the African National Congress Youth League (ANCYL) has unfortunately already violated two of the conditions stipulated in terms of the Gatherings Act and the approved march application for their march to the Provincial Legislature today, 27 August 2012.
The City, in terms of the regulations and processes determined by the Gatherings Act approved the ANCYL’s application to march to the Provincial Legislature so that they could hand over a memorandum to the Office of the Premier.
Informed by the need to ensure public safety and a safe route for the march, the stipulations set by the South African Police Services and the City of Cape Town, were that the participants should assemble at Keizersgracht from 10:00 onwards on Monday morning.
However, part of the group (3000) gathered at the incorrect location this morning, i.e. at the Salt River Station instead of Keizersgracht. An additional 2000 individuals joined this group from Keizersgracht just after 12:00 and were consolidated into one group by the South African Police Service before proceeding. In addition the procession did not adhere to the time-frames stipulated in the application and delayed the start of their march procession.
CT view the ANCYL’s flagrant disregard of the stipulations set out in the march approval in terms of the Gatherings Act as a grave disappointment.
The City respects the rights of residents to demonstrate, but appeals to all those who wish to participate to please do so within the boundaries of the law to ensure the safety of all residents.
- ANCYL defends Lamola (brslifestyle.wordpress.com)
- ANCYL and Julius no more (brslifestyle.wordpress.com)
- ANCYL ‘delirious’ over Semenya medal (iol.co.za)
- RT @DuaneMario: @ICC Hou jou bek @ICC 1 week ago
- RT @DuaneMario: What, what is this? Why? @AngeloSchaffers @juliankiewietz @tyronne_cpt twitter.com/unitedgoals_/s… 2 weeks ago
- @van_butch Our people already shed blood, sweat and tears when the Apartheid Government illegally stole land and re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @juliankiewietz: What an honour it was playing a game of cricket with @PaulAdams39 at the #BasilD'Oliviera #Schools #Cricket #Festival @… 1 month ago
- RT @C4F1: "If you want to build one - you build it like him" ⭐️ Here's what Niki Lauda has to say to #C4F1 about 4 x world champion @Lewis… 2 months ago