Brothel, shebeen and nightclub crack down!!
The City of Cape Town’s Liquor Enforcement Unit conducted integrated operations to address problematic night clubs and shebeens between Friday 17 August and Tuesday 21 August 2012.
The actions stemmed from complaints received from communities affected by these illegal establishments.
As a result of these inspections fines to the value of R50 200,00 were issued for various by-law contraventions. These mainly included the transgression of the Business Act, Community Fire Safety By-Law and the Land-Use Planning Ordinance.
The Unit also inspected a total of 14 shebeens in the Gordon’s Bay area which resulted in two shebeens permanently closing due to previous interventions by the Unit.
In addition, the Vice Squad Unit also conducted operations against brothels in the suburbs of Plattekloof Glen, Goodwood, Table View and Brooklyn. A total of eight brothels were inspected which also resulted in a foreign national being arrested for being in possession of tik. The woman was detained and appeared in the Goodwood Magistrates Court on the afore-mentioned charges on Monday 20 August 2012.
The Vice Squad also issued fines amounting to R7 000,00 to the brothel owners for operating illegal establishments.
The Liquor Enforcement and Vice Squad Units will continue to enforce the regulations of the City and to address the complaints received from members of the public.
- @thetruthspeak1 @Julius_S_Malema Stop talking bs you ignorant asshole 1 month ago
- @zarcitizen @Julius_S_Malema Yes you are correct but we will do that by taking back what is ours 1 month ago
- @daytraderclay @Bhejaane @Julius_S_Malema We will uplift our people by taking back what is ours. 1 month ago
- RT @DuaneMario: This is a moffie of the highest caliber. To harass a mother and children like that is unacceptable. #Spur #Moffie https://t… 2 months ago
- @ImAlimunawar @BLACKCAPS maybe so but if Steyn had played your team wouldn't have a partnership over 50 2 months ago