Another Shooting kills two in Texas
In another gunman attack in the USA. Two people were killed in College Station, Texas near the Texas A&M University. Just weeks after the Dark Knight Massacre of Aurora, Colorado that killed 12 people and right on the heels of an attack at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin that killed six people; more gun violence continues to plague the Country.
One police officer and a civilian were killed; several people were injured before the gunman was shot and brought to justice. Police said the gunman was shot and killed. It is not yet known if he was a student at the university, and no motive has been given for the attack.
The policeman who died was serving an eviction notice when the suspect opened fire, according to US media reports.
Texas Governor Rick Perry, who studied at Texas A&M University, said in a tweet: “Thoughts & prayers are with those impacted by shootings near A&M. Ever thankful for officers who daily sacrifice to keep us from harm.”
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said in a statement: “Senseless attacks by violent criminals have no place in the state of Texas.”
It is not yet known if the Shooter had been a student at the university, though this incident yet again highlights the negative effects of gun ownership in the States.
- RT @HOSMuzik: @YoungstaCPT freestyle https://t.co/TOlLmtCYUU 4 days ago
- RT @BarackObama: "...For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Nelson Mandela 5 days ago
- RT @BarackObama: "People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love..." 5 days ago
- RT @VusiThembekwayo: Growth entrepreneurs need real funding. Not franchise debt disguised as funding. It's time for funding revolution in… 2 months ago
- RT @Raekwon: 4 ever. https://t.co/Hgrxiw0Pfi 2 months ago