Another Shooting kills two in Texas
In another gunman attack in the USA. Two people were killed in College Station, Texas near the Texas A&M University. Just weeks after the Dark Knight Massacre of Aurora, Colorado that killed 12 people and right on the heels of an attack at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin that killed six people; more gun violence continues to plague the Country.
One police officer and a civilian were killed; several people were injured before the gunman was shot and brought to justice. Police said the gunman was shot and killed. It is not yet known if he was a student at the university, and no motive has been given for the attack.
The policeman who died was serving an eviction notice when the suspect opened fire, according to US media reports.
Texas Governor Rick Perry, who studied at Texas A&M University, said in a tweet: “Thoughts & prayers are with those impacted by shootings near A&M. Ever thankful for officers who daily sacrifice to keep us from harm.”
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said in a statement: “Senseless attacks by violent criminals have no place in the state of Texas.”
It is not yet known if the Shooter had been a student at the university, though this incident yet again highlights the negative effects of gun ownership in the States.
- RT @DuaneMario: @ICC Hou jou bek @ICC 1 week ago
- RT @DuaneMario: What, what is this? Why? @AngeloSchaffers @juliankiewietz @tyronne_cpt twitter.com/unitedgoals_/s… 2 weeks ago
- @van_butch Our people already shed blood, sweat and tears when the Apartheid Government illegally stole land and re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @juliankiewietz: What an honour it was playing a game of cricket with @PaulAdams39 at the #BasilD'Oliviera #Schools #Cricket #Festival @… 1 month ago
- RT @C4F1: "If you want to build one - you build it like him" ⭐️ Here's what Niki Lauda has to say to #C4F1 about 4 x world champion @Lewis… 2 months ago