Another Shooting kills two in Texas
In another gunman attack in the USA. Two people were killed in College Station, Texas near the Texas A&M University. Just weeks after the Dark Knight Massacre of Aurora, Colorado that killed 12 people and right on the heels of an attack at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin that killed six people; more gun violence continues to plague the Country.
One police officer and a civilian were killed; several people were injured before the gunman was shot and brought to justice. Police said the gunman was shot and killed. It is not yet known if he was a student at the university, and no motive has been given for the attack.
The policeman who died was serving an eviction notice when the suspect opened fire, according to US media reports.
Texas Governor Rick Perry, who studied at Texas A&M University, said in a tweet: “Thoughts & prayers are with those impacted by shootings near A&M. Ever thankful for officers who daily sacrifice to keep us from harm.”
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said in a statement: “Senseless attacks by violent criminals have no place in the state of Texas.”
It is not yet known if the Shooter had been a student at the university, though this incident yet again highlights the negative effects of gun ownership in the States.
- @thetruthspeak1 @Julius_S_Malema Stop talking bs you ignorant asshole 8 hours ago
- @zarcitizen @Julius_S_Malema Yes you are correct but we will do that by taking back what is ours 8 hours ago
- @daytraderclay @Bhejaane @Julius_S_Malema We will uplift our people by taking back what is ours. 8 hours ago
- RT @DuaneMario: This is a moffie of the highest caliber. To harass a mother and children like that is unacceptable. #Spur #Moffie https://t… 1 month ago
- @ImAlimunawar @BLACKCAPS maybe so but if Steyn had played your team wouldn't have a partnership over 50 1 month ago