Women’s Day Celebrations for those abused!
The City of Cape Town will play its role by pampering and entertaining women from the Saartjie Baartman Centre and Sisters Incorporated at an event on National Women’s Day.
The theme of the event will be ‘Returning dignity’.
These organisations provide shelter and a safe haven for abused women.
As a token of appreciation for the good work done by these organisations, the City’s Safety and Security Directorate will also be making a sizeable monetary donation to each home which was collected by the staff.
In the past on Women’s Day the Directorate celebrated the contributions and achievements of its own female staff, however this year’s event will have an external focus by supporting the two organisations.
- RT @VusiThembekwayo: Growth entrepreneurs need real funding. Not franchise debt disguised as funding. It's time for funding revolution in… 1 month ago
- RT @Raekwon: 4 ever. https://t.co/Hgrxiw0Pfi 1 month ago
- RT @DuaneMario: What is the city doing to protect the homeless during #capestorm 1 month ago
- @thetruthspeak1 @Julius_S_Malema Stop talking bs you ignorant asshole 3 months ago
- @zarcitizen @Julius_S_Malema Yes you are correct but we will do that by taking back what is ours 3 months ago