Mobility 2012: The Tweetnote
A tweetnote presentation is a presentation of sorts. With its heart firmly in social media , a tweetnote as by its name, is a presentation done through Twitter. Pioneered by the MD of World Wide Worx Arthur Goldstuck. His latest one Mobility 2012, sort to bring more clarity on the state of SA Mobile Telecoms industry.
Very interesting and obvious findings come out of this study. The most interesting portion tracking the trends SA is following compared to the Global benchmark. Here is the tweetnote summary of the presentation:
1. #Mobility12 unveils headline findings of World Wide Worx study of SA cellphone owners 16+ living in cities and towns.
2. #Mobility12 based on primary research, face-to-face interviews with consumers in home language, during May-June 2012.
3. #Mobility12: 80% urban users pre-paid, 11% contract, 9% top-up contract. Rural 94% pre-paid, 4% contract, 3% top-up.
4. #Mobility12: Data up from 8% to 12% of average user’s spend on phone. Voice down from 77% to 73%. SMS stable at 12%.
7. #Mobility12: Buying airtime sill main form of transaction in cellphone banking, at 74% of users, paying accounts 15%.
8. #Mobility12: Mobile money: FNB eWallet 51%, Absa CashSend 29%, Standard Bank Instant Money 17%, Nedbank Mpesa 4%
10. #Mobility12: 41% of adult cellphone users in cities and towns browse the Internet on phones. Among urban users, 61%.
Follow Arthur Goldstuck @Art2gee on Twitter
Follow BRSlifestyle @BRSlifestyle on Twitter