City allows Stadium Rezoning
Apparently soon we’ll be able to go clubbing at the Cape Town Stadium.
Yes you heard correct. The once short-lived but iconic stadium situated in the beautiful suburb of Green Point has been re zoned to allow commercial activities. Now that does not only include nightclubs but coffee shops and restaurants etc.
For the years since the hosting of the FIFA Soccer World Cup 2010, the city has had problems securing a suitable tenant for the stadium. Annually it cost us tax payers somewhere in the region of R45 million to maintain. For some reason no proper future usage planning was taken into consideration when approvals for the stadium was made.
Even the past week’s MTN Football Invitational, Manchester United vs. Ajax Cape Town ran at a loss – R247 300 for the hosting and another R3.5 million for the organizing. Most fans at the stadium would say it was worth it.
This latest measure of opening up commercial activities at the stadium seems like a small win for the city and we can only hope it bring at least some relief on the coffers.
Soon the time will come for the city to sit up and take notice of it resident’s sentiments. Short answer to the problem is and was always move WP Rugby to the stadium. We won’t be able to keep paying for a stadium to look good without any substance for long.
- @thetruthspeak1 @Julius_S_Malema Stop talking bs you ignorant asshole 1 month ago
- @zarcitizen @Julius_S_Malema Yes you are correct but we will do that by taking back what is ours 1 month ago
- @daytraderclay @Bhejaane @Julius_S_Malema We will uplift our people by taking back what is ours. 1 month ago
- RT @DuaneMario: This is a moffie of the highest caliber. To harass a mother and children like that is unacceptable. #Spur #Moffie https://t… 2 months ago
- @ImAlimunawar @BLACKCAPS maybe so but if Steyn had played your team wouldn't have a partnership over 50 2 months ago