BRSlifestyle’s 67 minutes
THE BRSLifestyle crew fed 33 families suffering from HIV/AIDS in the Kayamandi Stellenbosch region over the past weekend in celebration of Madiba’s 94th Birthday.
With the former Presidents 67 minute campaign in full swing last week, late Tuesday afternoon we took it upon ourselves to continue this man’s legacy and contacted the @Heart Aids Organisation who dealt with people suffering from the epidemic.
The @Heart organisation provides comprehensive support to people living with HIV and AIDS, through various programmes and collaborations with other service providers.
As you may know, people living with the virus need to constantly take their ARV medication after their daily meals, however, a lack of food and supplies has marred patients from utilising their medication, and this is where we step in.
The Organisation sent us a list of what these families needed and with just three days to work with, driving around, collecting donations from organisations, families and friends across the peninsula we managed to collect those items necessary to feed these families.
After celebrating a win in the sports arena on Friday night, some of us would wake up with one ugly hangover on Saturday morning; however the thought of assisting these families quickly remedied those hangover blues!
After arriving to the @Heart headquarters, officials from the organisation were more than grateful for our efforts.
This is what they had to say:
“Duane and Friends
Thank you again for your generous donation. Nelson Mandela 67 minutes well utilised guys!
We have been able to pack 33 family hampers from all the ingredients and have some to spare.
We have taken some samp and maize and beans to a partner organisation that cares for very sick people. It is a respite centre and has 8 beds for AIDS patients.
Their patients are also our clients.”
Najwah, Bongiwe, Eugene, Lynette and Gavin
Respect the Gift of Life
Here from the BRSlifestyle crew, we would like to thank all our sponsors for taking the time to assist us in this worthy cause. Whether you donated one tin of canned food or a vehicles worth of products, we are deeply appreciative for your efforts!
- What are you doing with your 67 minutes? Nelson Mandela’s 94th Birthday (brslifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Happy Birthday Tata (brslifestyle.wordpress.com)
- City to celebrate Mandela Day with events across Cape Town (brslifestyle.wordpress.com)
- @thetruthspeak1 @Julius_S_Malema Stop talking bs you ignorant asshole 3 weeks ago
- @zarcitizen @Julius_S_Malema Yes you are correct but we will do that by taking back what is ours 3 weeks ago
- @daytraderclay @Bhejaane @Julius_S_Malema We will uplift our people by taking back what is ours. 3 weeks ago
- RT @DuaneMario: This is a moffie of the highest caliber. To harass a mother and children like that is unacceptable. #Spur #Moffie https://t… 2 months ago
- @ImAlimunawar @BLACKCAPS maybe so but if Steyn had played your team wouldn't have a partnership over 50 2 months ago