Football Update: 25 July 2012
Nowadays players have become such drama kings? Firstly wanting to be models, now crying when the big evil club won’t let them, poor old player leave to join another club. Sound familiar?
If it does, that’s because it happening right at this moment. Luka Modric has refused go on preseason training with his Club Tottenham Hotspur in an attempt to force a transfer to most likely Real Madrid. Spurs have unceremoniously slapped the Croat with a fine to show its strength.
Welcome to the wonderful world of the transfer season, our wrap continues…
Biggest talking points have been Luka Modric seemingly imminent move to Real Madrid, but it seems that PSG might have thrown a spanner in the works. You know that saying, there’s no money like oil money.Read More…
The next bit of gossip pertains to the tussle going on in Sao Paolo for the Signature of the supremely talented Lucas Moura. Targeted by Manchester United, the Brazilian club have this far stood their ground. Latest is the player is willing to negotiate, I don’t think the Red Devils will be lazy. Moura talks set to continue
The best bit out of the Emirates seems that Arsenal have been tracking Santi Cazorla and according to the Daily Mail are really close to capturing the Spanish international. Least some good news for Arsene and fellow Gunners.
Rumours are coming think and fast, here the Latest Gossip:
- Johnny Heitinga could be the next player to leave Everton following reports in several newspapers that the Dutch defender is a £5million target for Fenerbache. If Heitinga does join Fenerbache, then Everton are considering a move for Stoke City target Geoff Cameron as a replacement.
- Looks like Liverpool are edging closer to completing the capture of Joe Allen, with the Reds confident a deal will be done. Brendan Rodgers is said to have triggered the midfielder’s buy-out clause. Shame this is all they could muster up…
- With Modric angling for a move away from White Hart Lane, rumour has it Tottenham Hotspur have made an enquiry for Shakthar Donetsk’s Willian, who is also a target for Chelsea. That is followed up by the Daily Telegraph reporting the same line and that Spurs are also keen on Fulham’s Moussa Dembele, who has been linked with Manchester United.
- The speculation concerning Dimitar Berbatov‘s future at Manchester United is rumbling on, with the Daily Mirror saying Zenit St Petersburg are the latest team to show an interest, with the Russian club planning a £5million bid for the striker.
- Bayern Munich have launched a cut-price bid to sign Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong for £8million
- Arsenal to sign Fernando Llorente? Could this be true? Another striker for the North Londoners?