NASHUA MOBILE CAPE COBRAS COMES IN TO BAT ON MANDELA DAY
Mandela Day celebrates the potential that each individual has to transform the world. Each of us are asked to take responsibility for ourselves and act on the responsibility we have to others.
The Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras team & support staff will visit Thandokhulu Senior Secondary School on Wednesday, 18 July to contribute, in their small way. The cricketers will spend time making sandwiches for about 1 100 learners, which will then be delivered to each classroom. The schools’ two cricket teams will assist the players in making the sandwiches. The team will be at the school from 11am till 13h00.
The Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras were proud brand ambassadors for the Nelson Mandela Foundation in 2011 wearing the famous 46664 on their chests and sleeves when they represented South Africa in the Champions League T20 in India. The Foundation identified Thandokhulu School as one of the projects needing support in Cape Town. Despite having fewer resources than other schools in its neighbourhood, Thandokhulu is proudly starting to achieve the high standards that they have always aspired to.
New Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras Coach, Paul Adams says, “The Cobras are part of a bigger whole – in this case the communities of the Western Cape and South Africa. The players are happy to give more than 67 minutes to our communities. This is where the fans who support us come from”.
After feeding the learners, the team will handover two kit bags sponsored by Opal Sports to Thandokhulu’s first ever two cricket teams who officially joined the WPCA structure in January this year.
The school teams will also be invited to some of the Cobras’ home games this season.
- RT @VusiThembekwayo: Growth entrepreneurs need real funding. Not franchise debt disguised as funding. It's time for funding revolution in… 1 month ago
- RT @Raekwon: 4 ever. https://t.co/Hgrxiw0Pfi 1 month ago
- RT @DuaneMario: What is the city doing to protect the homeless during #capestorm 1 month ago
- @thetruthspeak1 @Julius_S_Malema Stop talking bs you ignorant asshole 3 months ago
- @zarcitizen @Julius_S_Malema Yes you are correct but we will do that by taking back what is ours 3 months ago