City to celebrate Mandela Day with events across Cape Town
The City of Cape Town has a number of activities and events planned throughout the city to commemorate Mandela Day tomorrow, 18 July 2012. This date marks the birthday of one of the greatest leaders of our time, Nelson Mandela, and is observed around the world.
On this day, people are encouraged to emulate the core values of Madiba and spend 67 minutes of their time taking action to change the world for the better. Participating individuals, businesses and community organisations will dedicate their time to helping the most vulnerable in our society.
“As a caring City, this administration is proud to be associated with this day. Residents can expect the following events, supported by the City of Cape Town. All media are welcome to attend, the painting of the Delft Temporary Relocation Area (TRA)”.
The City’s Mayoral Committee Member for Human Settlements, Councillor Ernest Sonnenberg will, together with City staff, helps paint the homes of residents in the Delft TRA (Blikkiesdorp) community. This project is spearheaded by the Boundless Heart Foundation.
More event updates to follow as they happen…
- RT @DuaneMario: @ICC Hou jou bek @ICC 1 week ago
- RT @DuaneMario: What, what is this? Why? @AngeloSchaffers @juliankiewietz @tyronne_cpt twitter.com/unitedgoals_/s… 2 weeks ago
- @van_butch Our people already shed blood, sweat and tears when the Apartheid Government illegally stole land and re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @juliankiewietz: What an honour it was playing a game of cricket with @PaulAdams39 at the #BasilD'Oliviera #Schools #Cricket #Festival @… 1 month ago
- RT @C4F1: "If you want to build one - you build it like him" ⭐️ Here's what Niki Lauda has to say to #C4F1 about 4 x world champion @Lewis… 2 months ago