City assisting to resolve the issue of the stranded Seli 1
The City of Cape Town continues to monitor the status of salvage operation of the shipwrecked Seli 1. The National Department of Transport is currently negotiating with the Navy to do a survey of the wreck and use the findings to determine the most suitable salvage options.The Navy and other stakeholders are currently in discussion with the City of Cape Town’s Disaster Risk Management Centre. The Navy has indicated that the survey will be conducted as soon as the weather permits.
“I am optimistic that we’ll have the results before the end of the month, after which the team will meet and draft a project plan. All stakeholders including representatives of the Department of Environmental Affairs will be invited to the follow-up meeting. The different options will be discussed and we’ll also identify the resources necessary for the project. At this meeting the City will be able to identify in what manner we could assist with the situation,” said Alderman JP Smith, Mayoral Committee Member for Safety and Security.
- RT @DuaneMario: Kids see ghost 👻 https://t.co/XqMXDxSyim 1 week ago
- @jsteenhuisen Hahahahaha shut up 1 month ago
- RT @DuaneMario: Hahahaha twitter.com/capetowncityfc… 2 months ago
- @juliankiewietz Quality lotion picture 2 months ago
- @juliankiewietz The Master Baters 2 months ago