ANCYL defends Lamola
THE ANC YOUTH League slammed the Democratic Alliance yesterday claiming the opposition party lacks “historical understanding”. This happened after the opposition had laid a charge of intimidation against the ANCYL Deputy President Ronald Lamola.
“The ANCYL dismisses the allegations… and clarifies that there has been a consistent assertion… calling on those who own majority of the land… to act in a responsible manner and volunteer the land to the indigenous people,” said Youth League spokeswoman Magdalene Moonsamy said in a statement today.
“The only solution is expropriation without compensation.”
Last week, AfriForum Youth laid a charge of intimidation against Lamola.
Chairman Charl Oberholzer said the organisation would also proceed with a charge of hate speech against Lamola in the Equality Court. Moonsamy said the ANCYL would not retreat from its position on the expropriation of land without compensation.
“The position of the ANCYL communicated by the deputy president has been the posture of the ANCYL since its formation and prior,” she said
- RT @DuaneMario: @ICC Hou jou bek @ICC 1 week ago
- RT @DuaneMario: What, what is this? Why? @AngeloSchaffers @juliankiewietz @tyronne_cpt twitter.com/unitedgoals_/s… 2 weeks ago
- @van_butch Our people already shed blood, sweat and tears when the Apartheid Government illegally stole land and re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @juliankiewietz: What an honour it was playing a game of cricket with @PaulAdams39 at the #BasilD'Oliviera #Schools #Cricket #Festival @… 1 month ago
- RT @C4F1: "If you want to build one - you build it like him" ⭐️ Here's what Niki Lauda has to say to #C4F1 about 4 x world champion @Lewis… 2 months ago