The Spear Stabs SA?
How we South Africans love to Fight!
The metaphorical reference made here regards the painting, The Spear that up until recently hung in the Goodman gallery. Now through the usual discourse that is South African dialogue, this has turned into a massive racial debate. On one side a liberal minority, mostly White civilians and the other, a largely Black conservative politically aligned majority. Who will land the killer blow?
As discussed in a previous posts Zuma depicted all willy nilly, Zuma’s willy cut off and Zuma’s willy cut off video we have seen the posting and removal of this painting. Its defacing, an apology from the art gallery, a rebuttal from the City Press newspaper, a massive court case and today a march of solidarity by the ruling ANC.
All this points to the fact that we as South Africans have deep seeded issues that needs to be discussed. We have come a long way since the dark days of apartheid but I fear that without open dialogue, the pressing issues of the day we will be strewn back into the abyss of hatred and unjust rule.
Please read further comment and discussion on the topic in below links:
Jonathan Jansen – http://goo.gl/3loyJ
Sipho Hlongwane – http://goo.gl/pyfKE
News24 – http://goo.gl/k2dOW
Hopefully this has woken us South Africans up and we will discuss the merits and demerits of this event and our lives that depend on it. While our constitution still allows…
- RT @ZukoMntonintshi: Give this guy a Bells please #CountryDuty @tumisole We need more people like this gentleman https://t.co/ZK6EOxn61J 1 month ago
- RT @HOSMuzik: @YoungstaCPT freestyle https://t.co/TOlLmtCYUU 2 months ago
- RT @BarackObama: "...For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Nelson Mandela 2 months ago
- RT @BarackObama: "People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love..." 2 months ago
- RT @VusiThembekwayo: Growth entrepreneurs need real funding. Not franchise debt disguised as funding. It's time for funding revolution in… 4 months ago