Good Food and Wine Show Review
Four magnificent days were spent tasting and sampling the best that Cape Town has to offer.
More drunk than not, the event was characterized by and explosion of culinary delights and drowning of sorrows. So much so that I had difficulty fathoming how the majority of people would find their way home on the Saturday night.
The alcohol stands were probably the busiest of all. The world of brandy and Amarula stands had droves of people. It’s easy if you’re charging R20 a cocktail and giving away free tots of the creamy delight.
Everyone was there, from pastries to dips, from biscuits to shrimps, even Ina Paarman and Jacobs. Most were just vending but some had interesting new products to launch. Almost all stands had samples to taste. Big thank to Jacobs for providing free coffee for the duration of the event.
I think the most interesting of the stands has to go to Liqui-Fruit iCan. They had a smile wall to commemorate the smile of people purchasing their product. It seemed to have filled up quite nicely by the end of the event.
The eclectic mix of people about and the timely date considering its pay day made it a weekend to remember. On a personal note I felt it more of a money making racket than actual heartfelt cheer. Most people would probably have had enough spending about an hour browsing, and for the cost, R55 to R95pp. if food and wine is your thing, I’m still sure it is worth the cost.
- RT @DuaneMario: @ICC Hou jou bek @ICC 1 week ago
- RT @DuaneMario: What, what is this? Why? @AngeloSchaffers @juliankiewietz @tyronne_cpt twitter.com/unitedgoals_/s… 2 weeks ago
- @van_butch Our people already shed blood, sweat and tears when the Apartheid Government illegally stole land and re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @juliankiewietz: What an honour it was playing a game of cricket with @PaulAdams39 at the #BasilD'Oliviera #Schools #Cricket #Festival @… 1 month ago
- RT @C4F1: "If you want to build one - you build it like him" ⭐️ Here's what Niki Lauda has to say to #C4F1 about 4 x world champion @Lewis… 2 months ago