Good Food and Wine Show Review
Four magnificent days were spent tasting and sampling the best that Cape Town has to offer.
More drunk than not, the event was characterized by and explosion of culinary delights and drowning of sorrows. So much so that I had difficulty fathoming how the majority of people would find their way home on the Saturday night.
The alcohol stands were probably the busiest of all. The world of brandy and Amarula stands had droves of people. It’s easy if you’re charging R20 a cocktail and giving away free tots of the creamy delight.
Everyone was there, from pastries to dips, from biscuits to shrimps, even Ina Paarman and Jacobs. Most were just vending but some had interesting new products to launch. Almost all stands had samples to taste. Big thank to Jacobs for providing free coffee for the duration of the event.
I think the most interesting of the stands has to go to Liqui-Fruit iCan. They had a smile wall to commemorate the smile of people purchasing their product. It seemed to have filled up quite nicely by the end of the event.
The eclectic mix of people about and the timely date considering its pay day made it a weekend to remember. On a personal note I felt it more of a money making racket than actual heartfelt cheer. Most people would probably have had enough spending about an hour browsing, and for the cost, R55 to R95pp. if food and wine is your thing, I’m still sure it is worth the cost.
- RT @ZukoMntonintshi: Give this guy a Bells please #CountryDuty @tumisole We need more people like this gentleman https://t.co/ZK6EOxn61J 1 month ago
- RT @HOSMuzik: @YoungstaCPT freestyle https://t.co/TOlLmtCYUU 2 months ago
- RT @BarackObama: "...For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Nelson Mandela 2 months ago
- RT @BarackObama: "People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love..." 2 months ago
- RT @VusiThembekwayo: Growth entrepreneurs need real funding. Not franchise debt disguised as funding. It's time for funding revolution in… 4 months ago